DIY Project #6: Yarn Wrapped Bottles
If you have ever wondered what those cute little mint sauce and oyster sauce bottles lying around your recycled bottle collection could be made into, then this easy DIY is for you!
You can follow the simple steps below to see how we made these very cute wrapped bottles with just a few supplies from our crafting cupboard.
These make great gifts and are good for the earth too (especially if you use organic wool).
Let’s get started with materials:
- Assorted wool of varying width and material (ours is beautiful and soft and made in Australia with some of them having sparkly bits too!)
- Mod Podge (or other adhesive glue)
- Paint brush
- Assorted empty bottles
Follow the steps below to make your beautiful wrapped bottles (make sure your read the whole project through before getting started):
Some tips on these steps:
- Don’t put too much glue on the bottle at one time as it tends to dry and you have to re-glue instead of just adding glue
- Make sure you keep all of the ends at the back so that three sides are completely even and pretty
- Use varying widths of colours for a nice contrast
- Mix in some glittery wool for extra added sparkle
Once you have completed Steps 1 – 5, you just have two more things to do:
And if you haven’t made them as a gift for a friend.
(Or if you have an you’ve decided to keep them for yourself!)
Then all you need to do is:
We hope you find this little project as fun as we did.